Job Posting – Director of Finance
The KIM team invites applicants to apply for an exciting opportunity to join our Operations Department as the Director of Finance. Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer, the Director of Finance will be responsible for day-to-day planning, implementing, managing, and controlling of all financial related activities of Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc. (KIM). This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, job costing, and preparation of financial statements.
The Director of Finance must have extensive experience with budget preparation and control; strong management and leadership skills; knowledge of First Nations contexts (e.g., program funding, reporting requirements); and the ability to provide support and guidance for the development of relevant internal processes and guidelines.
The Director of Finance will manage accounting procedures, administer financial processes and statements, prepare budgets and expense reports, and maintain an effective vendor payment process. Additional duties will include payroll administration and ensuring organizational compliance with internal and external financial standards.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Recognized accounting designation, college degree in Business Management or Accounting.
• Extensive accounting experience including budget preparation and control, accounting procedures such as payables, receivables, cheque requisitions, and invoicing.
• Experience preparing financial statements and documentation such as monthly and annual statements, journal entries, account reconciliations and report analysis and preparation.
• Experience administrating payroll systems.
• Experience and proficiency working with Sage accounting software.
• Proficient computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and virtual meeting platforms.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to speak one of the northern First Nations languages is desirable.
The following are considered conditions of employment:
• Satisfactory criminal record checks will be required.
• Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
• Employee must be eligible to work in Canada.
For more information or to join our growing team of experts, please submit your resume and cover letter to Trenton Schreyer at [email protected]
Applications will be accepted by email until May 1, 2023 at 4:00pm.
Established in January 2020, Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin (KIM) is a northern First Nations-led aggregate health organization that will work to transform health and wellness services and improve health outcomes for First Nations people. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits structure, and opportunity for advancement.